Thursday, March 31, 2011

Buckwheat Pancakes

Pancakes + butter + warm maple syrup =heaven! I adore carbs. Upon beginning my Candida diet, I mourned the loss of fluffy pancakes drenched in butter and saturated in real maple syrup. Not only did I miss the taste, I missed the satisfying, filling feeling that came over me after having consumed said pancakes. I was HUNGRY!! Meat and veggies just weren’t cutting it. So, I began researching alternate grains which would still permit me to eat carbs/grains without the side effects of traditional wheat and white flour. Enter buckwheat flour! I don’t remember how I discovered it, but I’m so happy I did. Buckwheat flour is gluten free and is an excellent source of nutrients. It yields pancakes which create a nourishing, filling breakfast. It took me awhile to adjust to the taste and texture, but these have become one of my favorite meals.

Buckwheat Pancakes

  • 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
  • 1/3 cup brown rice flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup water or coconut milk (unsweetened)
Mix all ingredients together. Add more or less water to batter to reach desired consistency and cook as you would normal pancakes.


I topped these with maple syrup for Bri and she ate 'em up!

Tip: Since these pancakes are dense and don’t absorb toppings like regular pancakes do, I thin out my batter so my pancakes aren’t very thick. I top mine with butter and serve immediately.

**Those with Candida react to foods differently. These recipes are based upon my reactions to food and should be altered to fit your unique dietary needs.

2 comments:

  1. good relevant information about cherries.how cherries good for health for more information click here.. Buckwheat Diet

    ReplyDelete